As Ogilvy Healthworld’s Chief Digital Officer, Dan Chichester has led new business wins for brands that include Lapband, Seroquel, Pristiq, and Nocdurna, helping to create integrated campaigns and tactics that extend across channels. Working closely with market leaders such as Allergan, AstraZeneca, and Pfizer to activate the benefits of forward-thinking digital innovations, Dan has:
- Leveraged gaming and social media to increase awareness through MM&M Gold-winning melanomaexposed.com for Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Relaunched the corporate presence for merck.com
- Shepherded the evolution of the multi-award winning knowmenopause.com
- Connected clients, patients and health pros with new mobile initiatives for Premarin and Zyvox
- Empowered sales reps with best-in-class iPad apps for Simponi, Firmagon and Dove Professional
- Moderated panels for New York’s Social Media Week
- And developed and hosted multi-channel marketing seminars for Novartis.
Building on his interactive savvy at Ogilvy, Dan progressed from Associate Creative Director, to Creative Director to Group Creative Director. Along the way he successfully:
- Evolved the Web and rich media identity for IBM’s Systems Technology Group
- Spearheaded the creative initiative for Time Warner Cable’s new corporate and regional Web sites
- Generated new Web 2.0 strategies for Siemens
- Led the online effort for WelcomeBackVets.org, the initiative to help returning Iraqi soldiers readjust to home life.
Dan began his career performing super-heroics for Marvel Comics and most of the major publishers in that industry. In an accomplished run as writer and editor, Dan spun thrilling tales featuring the likes of Daredevil, Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, X-Men and Captain America. An early digital advocate, Dan wrote games for the Sony Playstation, taught Web design at Marist College, and authored educational sims for inner-city students.
Among his awards, Dan counts Gold Addys, two Gold MM&Ms and Gold MMA, John Caples Internationals, DTC Nationals, a PhAME, a Webby, a DMA International Echo, and an RX Show Award of Excellence.
A graduate of New York University’s film school, Dan is a Connecticut native. He now lives and plays there with his wife and son, while telling stories, making movies and building Legos.